Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Chicago Cubs Are The Last Hope

After yet another disappointing loss by our Chicago Bulls its official that the Chicago Cubs are the last hope for a playoff run for Chicago sports teams this year.

Let me just start by saying the Chicago Bulls are a disgrace to this city. I have nothing but negative feelings about them. I've never disliked a Chicago sports team as much as I do the 08 Chicago Bulls. Not even a Chicago Cubs team in the last 100 years has been this disliked by myself. It's not just that they didn't make the playoffs, its the whole attitude the organization seems to have. This is no longer a team of young players who just couldn't get over the hump. From the beginning of the season they have just not seemed to have any heart. You might be able to blame this ugly start of the season, that seemed to carry over the entire season, on the non acceptance of new deals from Luol Deng and Ben Gordon. It seems to me that they didn't get enough money and didn't play hard from that point on. In my opinion I am happy they didn't sign and the Bulls should sing and trade them as soon as they possibly can. They make millions of dollars and blew this season because of hard feelings. I'm not implying they purposely lost games, I am just saying they set the wrong tone, for the team and for the season. There were other player on this team that contributed to the disappointment as well. Ben Wallace never seemed to fit, and caused locker room problems. Jokim Noah decided he was too good to show up on time on multiple occasions. As did Chris Duhon. I only hope that next year we find a coach who will bring discipline to this team, and we need to have some major roster shake-ups. For now though I'll turn my attentions to the Chicago Cubs and forget this disgrace of a team.

On a more positive note I am extremely excited about the Chicago Cubs 08 season. As I've described in my past posts this team has some real potential. With no game on Tuesday I have to admit I was somewhat bored! I think in my next post I will talk about the job General Manager Jim Hendry did this off season. Stay tuned to Chicago Sports Post for more on the Chicago Cubs!

No comments: